03 May 2010

A Year in Provence

I'm at the bus station waiting for my coach to Khon Khaen, a city 400km northeast of Bangkok. Have an hour to kill so I might as well blog from my BlackBerry.

I know I'm going to be labelled unoriginal being saying this but I love Provence. (Even though the 'Provence' that I've experience is a one day-trip in Aix-en-Provence). Of course being me, I like the medieval town and its civic square, the twist and turns of the streets, the narrow facades. And the clam shady courtyard. Everything that the ideal urbanism embodies.

As I was cleaning my bedroom saturday night, I pleasantly chanced upon (ok I lie, I hid it) a book I received as a gift for being a nerd in high school. I'm not sure if 'A Year in Provence' by Peter Mayle will be as unoriginal and clichéd as I want it to be, the foreword by Julia Child suggests otherwise.

Some 20 pages into it now. So far so good.