24 October 2008

Because i was craving smoked salmon so bad and London is the best place to do grocery-shopping (second to Paris, bien sûr)

I made myself a bowl of salad! so simply yet homey. I stopped by Sainsbury's at 11pm on my way back and got a bag of crispy lettuce, Scottish smoked salmon, and vinaigrette dressing. and voila my supper at midnight! kind of gratifying but i wish i had bought bacon, crouton, and cheese to top it off. Also, Sainsury's "sweet balsamic" is not all that great actually. I should have bought normal balsamic vinaigrette. But i just can't help but pick everything that has "sweet" in it. Oh well. But don't you just love those crispy juicy cherry tomatoes. Believe it or not i didn't discover their bursting their bursting deliciousness until this summer! not a veggies person here, so kind of tried to avoid them the whole time.


Seriously look at how perfectly boiled the egg yolks are. I totally could have done just with two semi-hard boiled eggs, white rice, and soy sauce. Those would make perfect comfort food.




Back at Brown my supper, if any, would be unhealthy carb-loaded noodles with 2-3 hard boiled eggs. Now that i have a decent kitchen to myself i think salad is a much better choice. ultra healthy, ultra Posh.

4 comments:

psurangk said...

Mmmmm smoked salmon. Your eggs look delicious. Ultra healthy and ultra posh indeed.

alissa said...

ohh that looks delicioussss. i made curry last night... turns out i am cooking more at home than at brown.

Anonymous said...

I would love to try it if it didn't have meat. Next time, try making a dish of vegetarian salad for me too, OK? hehe. Anyway, it does look delicious!! Good job :)

BeAmie

Paisid said...

now i'm craving smoked salmon. it's good in everything!

u should try pasta + smoked salmon + spinach + lots and lots of cheese. amazing