14 September 2008

last minute purchase


Canon
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens



Yes. so hot. paid for by my aunt as a belated graduation present (more like a present for my getting into UCL... much to everyone's relief). from now on i hope to at least take decent close-up, nicely detailed photos. this should be particularly useful for when i go on site visits and other school-related projects. (Harvard's school of urban planning & design even offers courses on photography as inquiry for city planners! pretty sick indeed). Kind of hard to manipulate though, so i need to play with it a bit.

On a related note,
Visa - checked
Ticket - checked
Bag - packed by tonight
Housing - MISSING! AND I'LL BE HOMELESS FOR THE FIRST WEEK!

gah i hope UCL will get me off the waiting list before school starts on the 22nd, cos i dread flat-hunting in london on my own! the sheer thought is bloody scary already. Ok, this is probably my last post before i leave. London in 24 hours. Thailand, BRB!

2 comments:

psurangk said...

AH! I don't know if you've reached London by now or not, but I wanted to wish you a safe flight! Best wishes and good luck with everything (UCL, housing)! I hope I have the chance to visit you while you're in the UK.

:)

Congrats again and I hope you have the best time of your life!

alissa said...

are you already settled? how's everything going?